Ipo Coconut Bread
I ate so much Ipo Bread in Bora Bora that the Four Season’s Chef gave me their recipe. Every morning I would indulge myself with these little poofy pillows of coconut goodness. It’s measured in kg because I wanted to preserve the authenticity of the gift. But I did include a professional French Chef’s conversion chart we obtained in Paris. It’a funny, they use commas instead of periods.
- Flour kg 0.250
- Sugar kg 0.100
- Fresh Grated Coconut kg 0.040
- Fresh Coconut Milk (or carton) kg 0.600
- Baking Powder kg 0.005
- Mix all ingredients in bowl
- Spread oil or butter on the silicone mold
- Cook in the oven (100º Celsius) with a bowl of water (humidification) for 20 minutes.
- Leave it to rest and cool down before unmolding
Culinary Metric Conversion
1 CUP = 130 g 1,5 CUP = 200 g 1 ¾ CUP = 230 g 180°C = 350°F
SUGAR : ¾ CUP = 175 g 1,5 CUP = 120 g 1 CUP = 245 g
BUTTER: 1 CUP = 240 g