Malta is an incredible tiny island country in the Mediterranean not far from Italy and France. It’s only 17 miles long and 9 miles wide. Flight from Rome is only 90 mins and 2 hour flight from Nice. If you love Knights, Medieval castles, ancient world history, and movies- you don’t want to skip this island next time you’re in the Rivieras. Last week we discussed how the Game of Thrones Tour in Malta is perfect for the first time visitors to see film worthy sites.
Malta has 2 sister islands Gozo and Comino that are breathtakingly beautiful. If you want a break from the city culture, hop over to these neighboring islands for adventure, serenity, and unforgettable beauty.
This site contains affiliate links we love and may receive a commission at no additonal cost to you. See Full disclosure.
Have you ever driven a Quad? We had a blast in Gozo exploring it by Quad Tour zipping around the island.
The Quad Tour is a must and the most fun way to see this unique island.
The Famous Azure Window
One of our incredible stops was to see The Blue Hole and where the famous Azure Window used to be. You may have seen this famous natural limestone arch in movies like The Count of Monte Cristo, Clash of the Titans, The Odyssey, and even Season 1 of Game of Thrones.
Unfortunately, it was destroyed in 2017 by a massive storm. We missed it by 1 year and saw there was nothing of it left in 2018. It is as if it never existed.
Ta’ kenuna Botanical Gardens and Tower
One of the stops on the tour is to Takenum Botanical Gardens. The sights are fantastic overlooking Ghajnsielem City, Gozo. The garden also has a historic tower. It was restored in 2005 to warn ships of its proximity to the land. The gardens were full of consumable herbs and olive trees.
Boat Tour in Comino
The Quad Tour comes with an optional boat ride to see and go through caves at one of the stops. I don’t recall how much it was, but we enjoyed it. The caves of Comino are amazing with unique rock formations.
Fun Little Stops
The tour ends by small powerboats included in the tour from Gozo back to Malta. The Gozo boat harbor is beautiful! NO need to take the large slow Ferry back, conveniently saving you time and money.
Scuba Diving in Gozo, Comino, and Malta- Top 10 Best Destinations to Dive in the World!
Diving in Malta, Gozo, and Comino are in the top 10 places to scuba dive in the world! If you think seeing the caves by land is amazing, wait until you see them under water! By far the most challenging dives we’ve done, but it was incredible. Diving in the dark was crazy, but coming out through the other side was worth it!
- The Ferry Ride from Malta to Gozo Island is not charged, it’s the returning trip to Malta from Gozo that there’s a charge of 4.65 euro per adult and 1.65 euro per child as of May 2019.
- The Gozo Quad Tour includes a powerboat ride from Gozo to Malta, so you shouldn’t have to pay for a Ferry back to Malta.
- It’s super hot in Malta and her islands in the Summer, especially August.
- Lunch at a restaurant is included in the tour, buffet all you can eat
- Free Pick-up and drop off from your hotel
- This tour can be full or half day. If you get half day, make sure you go the second half. Much better sites to see!
- You can rent a single rider quad or share a double rider quad.
- Shared Quad is $99.28 pp, Single Quad $119.14 pp, Child $79.42
- If you want to Scuba Dive, we only go to PADI certified dive shops. There are several in Malta that go to all 3 islands to Dive. We used Watercolors Dive Shop in Malta.